Growth equity capital provider
At McCarthy Capital, we specialize in supporting management teams, who retain operating control and meaningful ownership, in growing their business. We provide capital, guidance and strategic resources to the people and companies in which we invest — our partners. Our mission is simple: growing businesses in partnership with management.
Proven, long-term approach
McCarthy organization was founded in 1986. We have partnered with entrepreneurs in more than 45 private companies. Our focus on partnering with management has not changed.
Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, the firm’s investment team manages more than $1 billion of capital. We are currently investing McCarthy Capital Fund VI, L.P., a private-equity fund with $353 million of commitments. We make control or substantial minority investments of $10 million to $50 million in a mix of growth equity, management buyouts and recapitalizations.
Active, committed and experienced
McCarthy Capital is a partnership of experienced investment professionals. We are employee-owned, committed and focused. We bring an active commitment to our investments and have substantial experience supporting our operating managers. Our investment team brings a wide variety of skills and experiences including finance, capital markets, corporate development, strategic planning, legal, accounting, tax and research.
The investment team has significant capital at risk in the firm’s investment funds, creating alignment with our investors, our team and our management partners. We place the interests of our management partners and investors ahead of our own, knowing that this alignment typically optimizes long-term outcomes.
We are very committed to giving back to the communities in which we live. We make our communities better by supporting various organizations with our time, talent and financial resources.
McCarthy Capital Investment Focus
Our investment focus has not changed since our founding – we grow businesses in partnership with management teams pursuing a variety of strategies for creating long-term value. We partner with companies having growth potential, established profitability and proven managers who retain operating control and significant ownership.
Equity investments of $10 million – $50 million
Majority or minority positions
Growth equity investments, management buyouts and recapitalizations
Management-friendly capital, typically holding common equity alongside management
Annual revenue of at least $15 million
Proven business models, an established customer base and market share
Scalable businesses with a preference for recurring revenue
Established management teams with a demonstrated track record for growth and profitability
Managers with a significant ownership position in the company, representing most of their financial net worth
Products and/or services that are branded or differentiated
Products and/or services that generate consistent operating earnings
Markets with favorable growth prospects – either through participation in growing industries, market share expansion, industry consolidation or innovative business strategies
McCarthy Capital Core Values & Behaviors
We are honest, principled and fair.
- We strive to make the right decisions, not necessarily the easy ones.
- We communicate honestly, directly and authentically.
- We treat all stakeholders fairly; we desire long-term, mutually beneficial relationships.
- We do what we say we will do.
- We give more than we take.
We work hard, are probing, strive for excellence and have deep technical expertise.
- We have a strong work ethic.
- We ask probing questions and examine situations from multiple perspectives.
- We exercise intellectual rigor and are comfortable being challenged.
- We have deep technical experience, yet we are genuinely interested in learning and growth.
- We display emotional and social intelligence in our interactions.
We are accountable, add value and achieve growth.
- Our people are self-directed and take full ownership of their responsibilities.
- We constantly strive to create value and improve.
- We go above and beyond to produce the highest quality work.
- We finish what we start, and deliver in a timely manner.
- We balance independent work with a high degree of collaboration.
We build and maintain trusted partnerships, internally and externally.
- We invest in partnerships – relationships based on trust and competence are imperative to achieving mutual objectives.
- We are truthful and respectful in communicating with others.
- We build rapport such that others are eager to work with us.
- We exercise self-awareness and self-management.
- We strike the right balance between challenging and supporting each other.